Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How can I calm down during a softball game?

Everytime I pitch in a softball game.. I start to loose my patience when I start to throw bad, than after that i keep throwing badly, and i also start to loose my patience with my fielders too. Any tips about how to calm down?How can I calm down during a softball game?chew gum in the dug-out. it calms people.How can I calm down during a softball game?
Say "one...one...one...one...one..鈥?slowly to yourself. It slows down your heart rate and therefore makes you calm down.

One of my teammates says it outloud while shes up to bat.

And I say it before i get into the box up to bat just to calm me down

it works!

Report Abuse

How can I calm down during a softball game?I get the same problem. Chewing gum in the dug out helps, and trying to relax when your in on the bench. And when you're on the field I usually just step back and stand there focus on the plate and my catcher and just close my eyes and take a deep breath and try to forget everything, then pretend its a new game and start over. it works, well for me! hope this helps you.
Usually when this starts to happen the catcher or another infielder will come talk to you. Your coach can only go out once, so your teammates need to pick you up. Our catcher will come to the mound and tell a joke to get our pitcher loose again.How can I calm down during a softball game?I had this problem when I played baseball and starting pitching bad. I would take some deep breaths as I walked around the mound. So I would recommend walking around the circle while taking a few deep breaths. When yo put your toe on the pitching rubber close your eyes and take one last deep breath. Then focus on your spots.How can I calm down during a softball game?
Chew gum, or, if cheering team mates bother you, ask them to stay quiet. im not a pitcher, so idk, but i catch and that..... still never happens to me. NEVERMIND!
Close your eyes, see the plate, take a few deep breaths and imagine a happy place but most of all remember it's just a game.How can I calm down during a softball game?
i used to have the same problem... after you start doing badly walk to the back of the circle take some deep breaths and just calm yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment