Thursday, February 23, 2012

How would I pitch a product idea to a toy company?

Would I need it patented/trademarked whatever if I just wanted to sell the idea to a toy company? How would that work? Would I need a prototype if it was a simple concept to grasp?How would I pitch a product idea to a toy company?You have nothing to sell without a patent! Until you have the patent, your idea is worthless and cannot be sold. It can, however, be taken if you have not protected it properly first!



Do not mention this to anyone until you talk to an attorney who specializes in Intellectual Property - patents, trademarks, and copyrights. Right now anyone can use your idea, and they can patent it if they beat your application to the US Patent Office. Toy companies are notorious!



You need a lot of money for this. Patent attorneys are among the most costly types of law practice, and there are filing fees, costs of getting prototype made, etc. You will need $10,000 - 12,000 at the very minimum. Is your idea that unique and valuable?How would I pitch a product idea to a toy company?There are websites that can help you with your idea. When I had an idea for a product, someone told me about the site called Invention Resource International. I haven't looked at their website yet, but you might want to check it out for some ideas. I think they have a good resource page that might help you answer some of your questions about the process to get your product developed. I hope that helps!
  • bartending school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment