Thursday, February 23, 2012

What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?

The one toy or treat that can distract your dog from ANYTHING - what is it? A tennis ball? A steak? A stick? (My dog is obsessed with sticks)



Share stories, keep your negative thumbs to yourselves, and HAVE FUN!What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?Baby carrots and frozen blueberries !What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?
My 18 month old Bichonpoo will do anything for a Dingo Bone, she really loves them. Toys? Well she has quite a few but her favorite is Harry Hippo a pink stuffed hippo well worn from love. A person knows that they rate in Esperanza's eyes if she brings them Harry Hippo to play with.What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?My dog loves the hard rubber balls with the bell rattling inside
My son has some slippers that look like frogs. My do loves them! Figuratively and literally. She...yes she, mounts it and then grabs it and flings it all around. It is sooo funny.What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?Pilot (my golden retriever)LOVES his "what we call" his devil ball!! It is a round 3-4 inch red ball that has two little horns on it that squeaks up a storm!! He also loves his "chicken" which also squeaks! He likes to play "hide-n-seek" with his chicken too. He also has a bone (one of those white bleached bones) that I stuff for him when we leave for his entertainment! He's just happy guy!! OH OH OH.....his very very very very top favorite toy is his "doggie binky"!!! He is playing with that one as I'm typing. He brings it over to me and I am throwing it to him to fetch and retrieve. My my my are we having fun!!!



I also give him a WHOLE carrot which he likes to throw all over the place, and then eat it! LOL!!What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?
anything furry. He likes to drag around this owl that has a hooting soundchip in it.
Empty soda bottles. All my dogs love them to play with but Lou (a year old male Bernese) is obsessed with them to the point he will carry a FULL 2 liter bottle, set it down... LOOOK at me as if to say "What is WRONG with this bottle?" and eventually bring it to me to exchange for an empty bottle.



I just adore the quizzical look on his face when he picks up the heavy bottle!What treat or toy is your dog "addicted" to?
My Schnauzer losses his mind when I take out his electric ball toy. It shakes and make all kinds of noises. ( Sirens, Beam me up, I am totally spaced out) I know it by heart because he will run around the house with this toy in his mouth, and his head shaking from it. The electric ball comes in a little stuffed animal, you can get from Walmart. I found it in the dog section. The stuffed animal part lasted about a week. So I took the ball out and now just through it inside of an old sock. I have even changed the batteries in it 2AAAs.
This annoying squeak toy made by Kong - it's the shape of a dumb bell.



That, and the squeaky Kong tennis balls!



Anything that squeaks and bounces :)
He has a teddy bear that we call his " humpy bear" LOL. I'm sure you can figure out why we call it that. He has had it for over 7 years now and it's still in one piece even though I have to wash it regularly. Good question btw.
Tennis ball! Our toy poodle is a complete lunatic over tennis balls. We have to keep them put up, because she wants you to throw it so that she can fetch ALL DAY long if she could.



I have honest to God worried that she was gonna fall over and die from exhaustion from playing.

She is obsessed with fetching t.b.'s



ADDED:

I forgot to mention, you dont say the word ball around our house...unless you are ready to play.
Actually, my dog is addicted to pig ears. We used to give them to him ALL the time for treats, but then, his "thingy" broke out in a very bad rash and it turned out all bloody and we had to take him to the vet. :(( So, we decided to stop giving him pig ears and started to give him bones instead. I just wanted to know if it's normal for a Golden Retriever to be addicted to pig ears.
A 'Popple'. Do you remember those stuffed toys you can turn inside out?



He loves soft toys and has a squeaky toy too.



He also waits anxiously for empty toilet rolls and soft drink bottles!
Cats....
OMG NOTHING I HAVE GIVEN HIM SO MANY AND HE CHEWS THEM ALL UP... HE'S A PITTBULL....
My Dalmutation sleeps with a teddy bear and takes it wherever she goes.

As far as food anything will distract her, but she LOVES pig

ears.
My dog is crazy but when u have food its, im an angel give me yoru food

and his kong,... man hes killed than and theres nothing in the thing/.
Beggin Strips! I know they're horrible for her, which is why she only gets a little part of one at a time. But she just loooooooooves them...!
My Shih Tzu is totally addicted to shoes. It's annoying when you think you have two shoes, and then when you need to go somewhere you only have one.



Then, you look in the backyard - and you see your other shoe out there being dragged around by a mop! Lol.
The one treat my Shephard loved was Frosty Paw's. It's dog ice cream. He would sit infront of the fridge and wait for it.



My dog now, I would say anything with a squeeker in it. He hears it he goes absolutely crazy
My rottie is addicted to her kong toy. If she leaves it for any reason, she shoves it under her bed to hide it.

My doxie/mix loves her ball. She will even bark with it in her mouth, and when she gets a drink, she'll drop it in the dish, drink, then do "bobbing for the ball" to get it back.
Lazer pen.

and they love bacon strips.. lol
My dog is a Min pincher mixed with chihuahua and he loves things that SQUEEk so he has lots of stuffed animals that squuueeeeeeeekkkk...........
My shoe. He loves it. %26gt;.%26lt;
Diesel is obsessed with tennis balls and will definitely take any and all treats, as well as squeakies but the ball always works.

Amara goes nuts over squeakies or her bones, not much of a foodie and yeeeah that's it. She's hard

Ruby.... Shes the worst in my house, she could give a crap about anything.... brat.



Since I'm at my mom's....

Buster her fat dachshund would die, if we let him, playing with the flashlight. You can no longer say the word in her house. In high school it was always a fun party trick lol. We would spin him around and have him bite the couch and stuff and occasionally each other. He bit my poor little brother in a bad place one night, he was trying to hide the flashlight in his lap/crotch b/c buster freaks and looks for it like a madman. I suppose he managed to see the light shine in andrews pants and CHOMP! my poor brother, the only boy... hope he can pass on the name....
A blue blanket! My Monty loves his blanket. It is kept on his bed. He sleeps on it and also plays with it.
Both my dogs love busy bones. One kicks it around and pounces one it before she eats it, and the other one knows what it is by the sound the package makes. Keeps em busy for awhile anyway/
I love dog stories and yes, my dog has a favorite toy, and he can go get it when you tell him,go get the red ball. He has other toys but, he brings his red ball if you ask for it.

Every time.He plays hide and seek with it too.

He is a chocolate lab and he weighs 114...I love him so much.

His name is Jack,he was born on St.Patty Day,he's 4yrs.old.

Thanks for sharing...
I use cut up pieces of hot dogs for training and baiting. They love them and will do anything I ask for one more bite.
Dehydrated beef or any other type of meat like this. This is mainly why I use it for training. Nothing will distract her when I've got her attention with a piece.
Nothing. It's unhealthy for a dog to have an "addiction" to any object. That creates an unstable, neurotic mind.



I feel bad for all your dogs living with addictions to objects. If they could speak, they'd tell you their addictions to those objects are YOUR fault, not theirs. Poor doggies with addictions.... SIGH......

No comments:

Post a Comment