Thursday, February 23, 2012

My friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?

My friend is 5 months pregnant and her dog ( she is 1 year and 4 months old ) has a stuffed animal puppy toy . The dog thinks she is the stuffed animals mom . She licks it clean ,make sure the toy puppy is warm at night ,she growls if anyone gets close to the toy, she carries the toy EVERYWHERE she goes ,she dont like anyone petting her anymore. She spends here day being a mom to the toy.She is not spayed . Does it have anything to do with my friend being pregnant ?My friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?If she was in heat recently, she may have had a false pregnancy and has adopted the toy. I saw a show where the dog adopted the cordless phone.My friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?
freakayy!



get the dog pregnat to it can have it own REAL puppy :]My friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?I don't know but I have seen dogs behave "peculiarly" with stuffed animals. Had a dog that thought my stuffed dog was his girlfriend, which was hilarious, til he figured it out.



Peace.
woahhhh.



freakyMy friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?hmm you know what I would think would be a good idea, wait till your friend isn't pregnant anymore, and see what happensMy friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?
When the dog is eating or not with him anymore hide the toy. That is what happen to my dads dog too
Don't think so.

I had a Scottish Terrier who acted the same at about 3 years of age. She cared for a small stuffed teddy bear for 2 weeks before I took it away from her.

She soon forgot it and I had her spayed shortly afterwards and she did it again!. This time I let her care for tiny stuffed allligator ( LOL) for about 4 weeks until she forgot about it herself.

A strange thing to watch a dog go through but my vet said that it is quite common and just not to let it go on too long and cuddle her more than usual.

Cheers!My friends dog thinks a toy puppy is her real puppy?
no, female dogs often do this. I have a 4 yrs old Pomeranian and I bought her a toy after Halloween. She thinks its her baby, does all the stuff you just mentioned.

I'm not pregnant, I'm 62 yrs old :)
some people go though the same thing ,it is harmless just humor the dog
It has nothing to do with your friend being pregnant; I've heard of dogs doing that. Is she complaining? It doesn't sound like a big deal.
Probably Dogs are very intuitive about their humans bodies. The dog wants to be a Mom too
No-but the fact that she is not spayed does. Animals can think they are pregnant when not and if she is not spayed am sure she goes into heat and the increase in her hormones will /can bring out the Mommy instincts in her. Spaying the dog will not only prevent her from having litters but also protects dogs from getting cancer-female dogs from getting Ovarian Cancer-(animals susceptible to the same kind of cancers as humans alsthough not all.)It also is not healthy for the dog to continuously go into heat and having a increse in the hormones with no pregnancy/birth to level them off naturally-can eventually make her through the years susceptible to illness and cancers But until she can get spayed(afterwards may lose interest in the puppy or keep as a comfort toy).no harm in her taking care of the puppy and may even be good for her for keeps her occupied. Happy Thanksgiving and wishes your friend have a very healthy baby
Natural maternal instincts not having had litters of her own.. she has the incling to be a mother and might smell the changes in hormones of her female owner, The answer is a possible yes it could be both reasons.
no , i dont think so, animals, especially dogs and cats, will "mother" a stuffed animal, a baby animal of another species, etc, even "boy" animals will do this
I wouldn't think so but it would be absolutely endearing to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment